Join the pre-election discussion on a national vision for arts and culture by using #ausvotesarts.
Some of my recent advocacy:
- Creating the Australian Culture: facilitated Regional Arts Victoria arts advocacy forums in St Andrews (28 June) and Colac (29 June) featuring local artists, arts leaders and political candidates in two of the nation’s most marginal seats
- Quoted by Andrew Taylor in Turnbull Government unlikely to win over arts sector in the ballot box in the Sydney Morning Herald following the SAMAG forum
- Arts policy in turbulent times panel with Michael Lynch AM CBE, Lisa Colley and Dr Ben Eltham presented by SAMAG at the Sydney Opera House on 27 June
- Twelve inaccuracies: my response to the Prime Minister’s QandA appearance on ABC TV on 20 June
- Guest on Radio National’s Books & Arts with Michael Cathcart following their broadcast of the debate on 14 June
- Spoke with Radio 2UE’s Mike Jeffreys on the evening of the debate on 8 June
- Facilitated the post-debate discussion with Rachel Healy, Co Artistic Director of the Adelaide Festival, and Nicholas Pickard, Director of Communications at the Copyright Agency at the Wheeler Centre on 8 June
- Collaborated with Artspeak and Feral Arts to present the National Arts Election Debate featuring Minister for the Arts Mitch Fifield, Shadow Minister for the Arts Mark Dreyfus, and Greens Arts Spokesperson Adam Bandt, facilitated by Patricia Karvelas at the Wheeler Centre on 8 June. Here’s the Storify of my feed, and here are my images and the full video.
- Co-facilitated the National Arts Sector Meeting with Rachael Maza, Artistic Director of Ilbijerri Theatre, at Arts House on 7 June
- Guest on The Rereaders on 1 June talking arts funding and alternative visions for the future
- We need to talk… panel at Artspace in Sydney on 30 May
- The confidence to lead the nation for Eureka Street on 23 May
- Quoted in ‘Devastating’ OzCo grants just the tip of the iceberg by Ben Eltham for Crikey on 23 May
- Complex ecology, complex ironies: my response to the Australia Council Four-Year Funding for Organisations outcomes
- Quoted in Black Friday by Alison Croggon for The Monthly on 16 May
- Quoted by Paul Murray and his panel on Sky TV’s Paul Murray Live on 6 May
- Spoke with Radio National Books & Arts’ Michael Cathcart on 4 May, the morning after the budget
- Quoted in 2016 federal budget: Australia Council ‘one major cut away’ from not operating in the Sydney Morning Herald on 30 April
- Arts funding is inconsistent and questionable: my piece in The Age on 24 April
- Quoted in Crikey’s Arts sector’s worst nightmare comes true with Catalyst a smokescreen for pork on 18 April
HEADER IMAGE: The nation’s arts leaders gather at Carriageworks for the 2015 National Arts Sector Meeting. Our space was already dressed to delight.