This week I’m among regional arts practitioners, experts and artlovers at Regional Arts Australia’s Arts & Edges, presented by Country Arts WA and Directed by Ben Fox. Ben and the team have conceived a stimulating week’s immersion in art and place.
Follow and participate using #raasummit and build a critical mass of Australian regional arts ideas.
Among Arts & Edges’ intensive programming of performance, talks and events, find me at:
- Formal opening and opening night spectacular: from 5pm Thu 16 Oct at the Goldfields Arts Centre
- Breakfast Q&A panel with Minister for the Arts George Brandis, Lindy Hume, Brian Ritchie and Genevieve Grieves: 7:30am Fri 17 Oct.
- Arts Practice Powerup: Got an arts emergency? A cluster of experts and I will “diagnose your emergency, issue an elegant arts prescription, and send you to meet with the right specialist for your needs.” Sadly we don’t make house calls, so have your questions ready! 11:15am Fri 17 Oct at the Goldfields Arts Centre’s Function Room.
- Sum.It.Up.: I’ll be presenting Pecha Kucha style on my Artistic Leadership adventures to date. 1:30pm Fri 17 Oct at Goldfields Institute of Technology Room 761B.
- Keynotes: Brian Ritchie and Papermoon Puppet Theatre. It’s my great honour to chair the opening keynotes. 7pm Fri 17 Oct at the Goldfield Arts Centre auditorium.
- The Regional Arts Victoria Breakfast Skillshare: Arts advocacy focus. We’re sharing constructive approaches to power our advocacy for the arts, over a delicious brekkie. Please note this event is fully booked. 7:30am Sat 18 Oct at Café Relish.
- Special Agent sessions: Often, our best ideas at festivals and conferences emerge at the very edges of the formally programmed sessions. I’m delighted to be the Ambassador for this exciting program of ideas generation and collaboration. Look out for our team of Special Agents – recognisable by their bold yellow badges – and join the Remote Special Agents online using #raasummit. Here’s more about the Special Agent Sessions, and more on my approach to constructive disruption.
And you’ll also find me enjoying plenty of other Arts & Edges performances, exhibitions, talks, gatherings and spontaneous competitions this week – see you here in Kalgoorlie!